Saturday, June 23, 2012

I was not born a morning person, but through necessity have become one. One of the stops on that journey was when I worked in a cannery on the cleanup crew for a summer. It meant starting at about 11 p.m. and finishing at about 5 a.m., after all the other workers were already done. Going home on my bicycle, I found that the world is very quiet, very peaceful, at that hour. It has a certain quality as the sun comes up, something full of beauty and potential. I started liking morning more after that. Nowadays, my home office window faces east and sometimes I see the sunrise. This morning it was gorgeous. But the tricky thing with sunrise is that it will not wait for you, if you are going to enjoy it you have to pay attention to is as it occurs. If you miss it, the beauty of that moment is gone forever. That is like the day it begins. It is an opportunity, a unique event, that will never be repeated.




What will you do today with the opportunity you have?

No comments: