Saturday, September 4, 2010

Tire Iron


One of the things my father gave me years ago was a tire iron. It is not a very sentimental type of gift, in fact, he found it in the street as I recall, but it is very practical and has come in handy about five times over the years. Even though it was not a very sentimental gift, I have appreciated it very much. Sometimes we get very sentimental about the church and forget to be realistic. We perhaps recall times long ago when others gave to maintain the church. The truth is that you would not get very far if you stopped putting gas in your car. I thried that about twice in my time as a drvier. Cars can be quite down-to-earth. Sometimes we forget to be that sensible about supporting the church. This is a reminder of something very simple: the church only exists with your support.

No comments: